Routine Exams and Cleanings
Preventative dental care for children is about preventing problems before they even start
We believe that it's important to develop a positive relationship with your child's dentist early on in life to ensure that your child is a good dental patient as an adult.
The health of your child's teeth and mouth is a big contributor to overall health and wellness.
How we approach care for your child
A healthy mouth is more than just the absence of cavities or disease. To be truly healthy, you've go to take care of yourself by adopting preventative health care. This goes for children as well!
At our office, we take a proactive approach to your child's dental health. Based on the results of your child's first visit with us, we will usually recommend a plan that includes regular visits to our office every six months or so.
Tips and helpful things to remember for your visit
Here are some things to remember about your child visiting the dentist for the first time or if they're particularly anxious about their visit:
- Talk to your children about going to the dentist. Let them know why it's important and let them know that their visit can be fun. If they've been to see us before, ask them specifically what their favorite part of their last visit was or if they're particularly nervous about any aspects of the visit.
- A great tip to prepare your child for their dental visit is to role play with them about what we'll be doing with them when they arrive at our office for their visit. This can get them more comfortable opening their mouth and having their teeth examined.
- Use fun, positive words to describe the upcoming visit.
- We don't recommend trying to "bribe" your child to come to their appointment happy. This may give them the idea that coming to their dental appointment is not a positive experience.
- If you, the parent, caretaker, or guardian, have had negative experiences at the dentist in the past - try not to show or talk about your uneasiness with your children. They can pick up and establish that their experience may also be negative.
145 Sully's Trail Suite 1
Pittsford, NY 14534
Monday: 8:00 - 5:00
Tuesday: 8:00 - 5:00
Wednesday: 8:00 - 5:00
Thursday: 8:00 - 5:00